cao thủ baccarat_dang ky nhan tien cuoc mien phi _Xem bd trực tiếp
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Update
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country's economic, social and research-based growth. The program is jointly administered by Canada's three federal granting agencies: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
FSS candidates put foward:
- 2018 - Eric Wilkey (with Daniel Ansari, Psychology)
- 2018 - Angela Meadows (with Rachel Calogero, Psychology)
- 2017 - Kaitlin Laidlaw (with Mel Goodale, Psychology)
- 2017 - Moujan Matin (with Andrew Nelson, Anthropology)
- 2016 - Mark Kersten (with Joanna Quinn, Political Science)
- 2016 - Scott Krayenhoff (with Jamie Voogt, Geography)
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Value and Duration: $70,000/year for two years
Number of Awards: 70 fellowships awarded each year
Eligibility: Please refer to the tylebongda eligibility guidelines on the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship website.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between within a specific window – approximately 4 years – see guidelines; and before the start of the award.
- Only in exceptionally rare circumstances will a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship be awarded to an applicant who is staying at the same institution where they completed their PhD, PhD- equivalent or health professional degree. In such cases, a solid justification – related for example to availability of highly unique equipment - must be provided. Current postdoctoral fellows already at the institution must also justify the decision to continue at the same location.
- Applicants must not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position.
Application Details: Please refer to the application guide on the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship website.
- Applicants intending to take up the fellowship at Western should first contact their fellowship supervisor to request the support of their application.
- Applicants should consult Important Dates for Faculty Deadlines.
Important Dates (updated May 22, 2018):
|May 18, 2018||School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) information session and panel discussion on de-mystifying the application and selection process of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.|
|June 8, 2018||CV and Letter of Intent (LOI) sent to Pankhuri (pmalik8@ tylebongda
|end of June||
One candidate (in exceptional circumstances, two) will be asked to go forward, and willl be given further timelines relevant to the full application. Because of the highly competitive nature of the Banting, the FSS Committee may elect not to send any applicant forward. There is no selection process at the University-level (SGPS). Once selected to be a candidate from the Faculty of Social Science, SGPS will work closely with the supervisor and candidate to put together the best application possible.
The Faculty will provide a (max one page) draft “Letter of Endorsement”.
The August deadline is to ensure a first draft of everything may be reviewed by SGPS prior to the official submission deadline in September.
|September 19, 2018 by 8:00pm||Banting Fellowship application deadline.|
|Mid-February||Funding decision release.|