tai m88 cho iphone_w88.com - a-thể thao_m88bet the thao
updated: September 20, 2017
The Governor General’s Gold Medal recognizes the highest level of academic achievement in graduate studies in Canada and is one of the most prestigious awards that a graduate student can receive. The Gold Medal is not associated with any monetary award and is accompanied by a certificate inscribed with the recipient’s name.
Western University annually awards three (3) Gold Medals to outstanding graduate students who will have completed their Master’s (thesis only) or Doctoral degree program. Only the most meritorious candidates should be put forward to the Faculty Committees. The nomination files undergo a two-tier adjudication involving an initial review and ranking by the Faculty Committee, and a final review and selection by the SGPS Executive Committee. Full detail on the process and responsibilities are found here on the SGPS Funding Opportunities website.
Candidates selected to go forward
In September, the 2017 FSS Governor General Gold Medal Committee selected one candidate to nominate:
- Raechelle Gibson (Psychology)
Timelines and Deadlines
- May: Annual call for nominations
- Mid August: Deadline for submission to the Faculty of Social Science
- Early September: University Deadline to receive Faculty-ranked Gold Medal Nominations (each a single PDF) in SGPS
- September: SGPS Executive Committee meets to review nomination files and select the three (3) recipients
- Early October: SGPS submits names of Gold Medalists to the Registrar for Convocation